Sunday, December 14, 2008

More...

Today I feel pretty good. Last week I had to kick narcotics pretyy much cold turkey. Fentanyl was prescribed by my Doc to try to alleviate the pain I live in. In Sept. I had helped Dawn with 2 roadshows and, although I've done this before, this time it took an enormous toll on my body. The pain was untenable, nothing brought me pleasure, the overwhelming fact of my life was that it sucked. Due to pain. Every other aspect of it was good to great. I consulted with a Doctor at one of the 2 shows I helped at, this being the Society for the Advancement of Healthy sexuality national conference, and she suggested using Fentanyl patch to alleviate my condition. She's a noted pain doctor with several books to her credit. When I got home I saw my Doc, who runs the Johns Hopkins Pain Clinic and is no slouch in the world of notability himself. We agreed to try the Fentanyl. After increasing my dosage several times I reached a point where the pain was alleviated to a large factor but all the nasty affects of narcotics was present. Dawn felt that I wasn't there anymore. I concurred...

No comments: